Political and Economic Section
The Political and Economic Section advises the Ambassador and the U.S. Government on a wide range of policy issues. We contribute to numerous annual reports, published by the U.S. Department of State, such as:
- 2011 Zambia Human Rights Report
- 2011 Country Commercial Guide for Zambia (PDF - 648Kb)
- 2010 Trafficking in Persons Report (PDF - 22,788 Kb)
- 2009 International Religious Freedom Report for Zambia (PDF - 14K)
- 2009 Human Rights Report
- 2008 Human Rights Report: Zambia
- 2008 Trafficking in Persons Report
- 2008 Advancing Freedom and Democracy Report
We also offer a number of services to businesses, in order to promote trade between the United States and Zambia. The Section partners with the U.S. Commercial Service regional office, located in Johannesburg, South Africa, to expand the services and resources we are able to offer. Please visit the U.S. Commercial Service Southern Africa site for additional information.
U.S. companies contemplating exports to or investment in Zambia and Zambian companies interested in importing U.S. products may contact us at CommercialLusaka@state.gov with specific questions.
In addition to this, the Political and Economic Section provides links to other useful websites. Please see the content box on the right of the page for these links.